Sonntag, 4. Juni 2017

[Monthly Recap] May 2017


Hi guys,
I feel like it's been forever since I posted, although it's only been a week. I had the week off of work and the weather was amazing and I made the mistake of reaing FanFiction again..

But let's talk about the actual reason for my post, my monthly recap. The last few months I did wrapups and hauls, but I decided to try out a new format, so here we are.



Let's start with some numbers:

Books I finished: 10
Books I started: 1
Books I did not finish: 1
Books I got: 4
Books on my TBR: 7

Here are the books I read:
  • The Rose and The Dagger - Renee Ahdieh
    It's the seond and last part of the 'The Wrath and the Dawn' Duology, a retelling of 1001 arabian nights. Here are some links: GoodReads, LovelyBooks and my Review.
    5 Stars
  • The Wicked and the Divine
    This is the first part in a graphic novel series that's really interesting, with some incredible artwork.I didn't write a review for this but you can check out GoodReads.
    5 Stars

  • The Wise Man's Fear - Patrick Rothfuss
    Thsi is the second part of 'The Kingkiller Chronicles', a high fantasy series I'm listening to on audiobook. I didn't finish the review yet but check out GoodReads.
    4Stars
  • The Black Elfstones - Terry Brooks
    I got this book from NetGalley, it is the first part in a new series, which has abou a hundred other books/series that predate it, the 'Shannara Chronicles'. I really liked it, here are the links: GoodReads and my Review.
    4 Stars
  • A Court of Wings and Ruin - Sarah J Maas
    I don't feel the need to say anything about this. Links:  GoodReads, LovelyBooks, Review.
    5 Stars

  • Traitor to the Throne - Alwyn Hamilton
    I tried to continue a few series this month, one of which is the 'Rebel of the Sands' trilogy. GoodReads, LovelyBooks, Review.
    4 Stars
  • The Star-Touched Queen - Roshani Chokshi
    I also started some series, one of which disappointed me quite a bit. Review,  GoodReads  gibt.
    3 Stars
  • Breakwater - Catherine Jones Payne
    This is another book I got from NetGalley, but I'm no sure whether it's a stand-aloe or not. Review, GoodReads.
    3 Stars
  • An Ember in the Ashes - Sabaa Tahir
    This is the second series I started this month. I didn't get around to writing a review yet, but you can visit GoodReads.
    4 Stars
  • Flame in the Mist - Renee Ahdieh
    Another book I didn't get around to reviewing yet and the second Renee Ahdieh book I read this month. It's a Mulan retelling, and the beginning of a new series. GoodReads
    4 Stars
  • The Barefoot Queen - Ildefonso Falcones
    And here we are with the one book I dnf'd. I honestly can't easily tell you why, but I did post a  Review. LovelyBooks, GoodReads.
  • The Vestiges- Caroline George
    The last book is the one I started, and I hope I'll finish it this month and post a review soon. GoodReads.

New Books:
  • Der Drachenflüsterer - Boris Koch
    This is the first book I got this month, thank you to the Bloggerprogramm for that. It's the fourth part in a high-fantasy series.
    GoodReads
  • Orphan X - Gregg Hurwitz
    This book is a Thriller I got from HarperCollins, I look forward to reading it this month.
    GoodReads
  • The Goblins of Bellwater - Molly Ringle
    This one I got from NetGalley and as it will only be released in october I'm not sure when I'll start reading it.
    GoodReads

  • The Vestiges - Caroline George
    For this book the author contacted me through Instagram and as I said, I'm already reading it.
  • Flame in the Mist - Renee Ahdieh
    FairyLoot!
  • World Mythology in Bite-Sized Chunks - Mark Daniels
    How amazing are the people over on FairyLoot? This time there were two books in the box!
    GoodReads

Keine Kommentare :

Kommentar veröffentlichen